2018 NPM Conference Registrations Open
Earlybird registrations are now open for Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga's 8th Biennial Indigenous Research Conference (13-16 November, 2018).
Under the theme of 'Indigenous Futures' our 2018 conference will be held at Waipapa Marae - the University of Auckland over four days, and will bring together manuhiri (guests) from across the Indigenous world.
2018 keynotes have now been confirmed and they are:
- Dr Chelsea Bond (Aboriginal Munanjahli and South Sea Islander Australian) University of Queensland
- Dr Marie Delorme (Métis, Canada), CEO of The Imagination Group of Companies, Canada
- Professor Charles Menzies (First Nations, Canada, Member of Gitxaala Nation of northwestern British Columbia) University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Professor Poia Rewi (Tūhoe, Ngāti Manawa, Te Arawa) University of Otago
- Dr 'Aulani Wilhelm (Hawaiian) Senior Vice President for the Centre for Oceans Conservation International
Together these keynotes and our confirmed 2018 presenters will challenge conference attendees to look to an Indigenous future and the potential it can provide not only for Indigenous people, but for society as a whole.
A call for abstracts will go out in February 2018, and we will be seeking papers under the sub-themes of:
- Mahi Auaha – Creative Indigenous Innovation
- Mauri Ora – Indigenous Human Flourishing
- Whai Rawa – Prosperous Indigenous Economies
- Te Reo me Ngā Tikanga Māori – Thriving Indigenous Languages and Cultures
- Te Tai Ao – Healthy Natural Environments